- Faith and Fear in Flushing - http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com -
Make a Donation, Get a Book
Posted By Greg Prince On June 2, 2010 @ 3:39 pm In 1 | Comments Disabled
Father’s Day is coming up! Graduation Day is coming up! Any day is coming up! You don’t really need an occasion, but in deference to Dads & Grads being a perennial theme of June, we are making a special offer to Faith and Fear in Flushing readers.
Between now and June 13, if you make a donation of $15 to Sharon Chapman’s Tug McGraw Foundation fundraising effort, you will receive a personally inscribed and autographed copy of the newly released paperback edition of Faith and Fear in Flushing: An Intense Personal History of the New York Mets to give as a gift to your dad, to your grad, to yourself or to anybody you like. 
This is a limited-time and limited-quantity offer, so please act now. You make the donation here  and you will be contacted for confirmation of all details regarding where you want it sent and how you want it made out; if you’d prefer it unsigned, that’s all right, too. We cover shipping and handling and will get it out to you in a timely manner.
Why are we doing this? A few reasons:
1) Faith and Fear in Flushing is the official blog sponsor  of Sharon Chapman’s New York City Marathon Run for the Tug McGraw Foundation. You can read all about Sharon’s motivation and preparation here , but in a nutshell, she has dedicated herself to the Marathon and to Tug, and we enthusiastically support her efforts.
2) The Tug McGraw Foundation is an outstanding organization dedicated to fighting the deadly disease of brain cancer, with an emphasis on improving quality of life  for those battling the scourge of a tumor. You can learn more about the Foundation’s exemplary work here .
3) We believe Tug McGraw remains, more than 35 years since his trade to Philadelphia and six years since his untimely passing from brain cancer, the embodiment of the spirit of everything that we stand for as Mets fans: not giving up, not giving in, not taking ourselves unnecessarily seriously. Faith and Fear ranked  Tug McGraw the Seventh-Greatest Met of the First Forty Years, an appraisal  based as much on who he was and what he means to us as how he pitched. He pitched, not incidentally, very well.
4) Faith and Fear in Flushing: An Intense Personal History of the New York Mets is the story of one Mets fan and all Mets fans. It’s our story. Recently, Shannon Shark of Mets Police described it  as “a Mets fan walking you through the history of the Mets from a personal standpoint.” I like that. And I think any Mets fan — your dad, your grad, yourself, whoever you know who bleeds orange and blue — will like this book. It takes you from the birth of the Mets and the concomitant conception of the author clear through to the final day of Shea Stadium and — exclusive to the paperback edition — the first year of Citi Field. All the highs, all the lows, all the in-betweens are in there. You’ll recognize yourself as much as you’ll get to know me and connect to your own Met soul.
We hope you take advantage of this limited-time, limited-quantity offer. Again, please click here  to make your $15 donation to this incredibly worthy cause. Once it goes through, you’ll receive an e-mail and the wheels (or feet) will be put in motion to get you the book.
It will be our honor if you take us up on this. Thank you.
Article printed from Faith and Fear in Flushing: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com
URL to article: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2010/06/02/make-a-donation-get-a-book/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/fafif-pb.jpg
 here: http://www.active.com/donate/teammcgrawnyc2010/tmnycm10SChapma
 official blog sponsor: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2010/01/05/the-wrist-of-the-story/
 here: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2010/02/12/what-makes-sharon-run/
 quality of life: http://www.tugmcgraw.org/qol/default.asp
 here: http://www.tugmcgraw.org/home.asp
 ranked: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2005/04/03/putting-our-best-mets-forward/
 appraisal: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2006/01/05/back-from-hell/
 Shannon Shark of Mets Police described it: http://metspolice.com/2010/05/30/they-traded-tom-seaver/
Copyright © 2010 Faith and Fear in Flushing. All rights reserved.