- Faith and Fear in Flushing - http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com -
Blood & Pleasure
Posted By Greg Prince On June 27, 2011 @ 6:30 pm In 1 | Comments Disabled
• The Mets are holding a blood drive on Thursday, July 7, at Caesars Club, 10 AM to 5 PM (enter through the Hodges VIP gate; parking available in Lot G at Roosevelt & 126th). You open up a vein to help save lives and the Mets will thank you with two tickets for a home game in August and a 15% discount in the team store the day of donation. Call 1-800/933-BLOOD for more info.
• If you’re deriving pleasure watching Jose Reyes play for the Mets, treat yourself to one extra game in which he starts and potentially steals the show. Vote Reyes  for the N.L. All-Star team. He’s 250,000 votes behind  Troy Tulowitzki. Troy Tulowitzki is leading on the backs of Mets pitchers who gave up four home runs to him in April while the Mets were still trying to remember their locker combinations. What’s Tulowitzki done since? Nothin’! What’s Reyes done since? Everything! Go to mlb.com and Vote Reyes  as often as the law will allow. Even you who are too cool to do such hometown boosting — be a good Mets fan and support your shortstop. (Voting for Brad Emaus optional.)
• GKR’s celebration of the life of Dana Brand will take place at the Shea Stadium home plate marker prior to the Saturday July 16 Mets-Phillies game. Tickets — for the gathering and the game — available here . I look forward to seeing you there. (And don’t forget the annual GKR Citi Field outing on August 7 .)
• Ike Davis (remember him? — good player, fine young man) is scheduled to be taking the figurative field Sunday evening, July 17, at Michael’s of Brooklyn  in a charity event organized to help Solving Kids’ Cancer  and the Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Institute , both extremely worthy causes. ESPN’s Linda Cohn — big Mets fan — will be emceeing. More info here .
• Mets fan Roger Hess’s climb up Denali  to raise funds for the Tug McGraw Foundation  in honor of his Mets fan friend David continues apace, June snowfall notwithstanding. Read of his progress and (if you can) make a donation here .
• New York Mets Hall of Famer Davey Johnson  is a major league manager again. Good for him. Hopefully not bad for us, given that he’s helming the Nationals (helming the Nationals…that would sound better coming out of John Facenda ). ESPN New York’s Mark Simon offers a brisk take  on the man who came to us in 1984 with a computer on his desk and left us with a gleaming World Series trophy.
• Vote Reyes . Whaddaya waiting for? Do it while he’s still wearing a Mets uniform.
Article printed from Faith and Fear in Flushing: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com
URL to article: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2011/06/27/blood-pleasure/
URLs in this post:
 Vote Reyes: http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2011/ballot.jsp?tcid=hpMW-asgballot-2011
 250,000 votes behind: http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110531&content_id=19813836&vkey=news_nym&c_id=nym
 Reyes non-negotiations: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s81xgTzDGAw/TgS8HzJI2YI/AAAAAAAAAPk/ec56yDr-YUE/s1600/Reyes_NoDistractions1.jpg
 here: http://7thinningsketch.com/
 here: http://www.pitchinforagoodcause.org/index.php/vmchk/Mets-Tickets/Dana-Brands-Life-Celebration/flypage.tpl.html
 on August 7: http://www.pitchinforagoodcause.org/index.php/vmchk/Mets-Tickets/2011-GKR-Annual-Event/flypage.tpl.html
 Michael’s of Brooklyn: http://michaelsofbrooklyn.com/
 Solving Kids’ Cancer: http://solvingkidscancer.org/
 Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Institute: http://sarcomahelp.org/
 here: http://solvingkidscancer.org/give/events/#a-night-with-ike-davis-of-the-ny-mets
 Roger Hess’s climb up Denali: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2011/06/09/one-mets-fans-fight-another-mets-fans-climb/
 Tug McGraw Foundation: http://www.tugmcgraw.org/home.asp
 here: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/rogerhess/denaliclimb
 New York Mets Hall of Famer Davey Johnson: http://www.faithandfearinflushing.com/2010/07/27/managing-at-last-to-love-whitey-honor-davey/
 John Facenda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4kWiRjLbGQ
 brisk take: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/27594/johnsons-best-quality-preparation
Copyright © 2010 Faith and Fear in Flushing. All rights reserved.