Doing a little holiday shopping for the Mets fan in your life? For yourself? Happiness is only one click away when it leads you to The Happiest Recap (First Base: 1962-1973). It’s the Mets as they keep getting better, and even when they don’t, they always win.
And the book’s not even fiction!
A few Happiest notes to pass on besides, once you calm down from the euphoria attached to the Brandon Hicks deal:
• Kindle version coming soon — but the print edition, available right now, surely belongs in your baseball library.
• Appreciation to Amazin’ Avenue, 2 Guys Talking Mets Baseball, Mets Police and the Pedro Beato Fan Club for making mention of this first volume in the Happiest Recap series on their respective and wonderful blogs.
• Keep an ear open to MetsBlog radio Wednesday night as I discuss The Happiest Recap and other Met matters with Vinny Cartiglia.
• If you’re a Sirius/XM subscriber, I’ll be joining Dino Costa on Mad Dog Radio, Channel 86, Friday night at 9 for more Happiest and Mets chat.
• Saturday, December 15, NOON TO 2 PM (that’s a time change), Sharon Chapman and I will be hosting a little Baseball in December get-together at Foley’s in Manhattan to celebrate the launch of The Happiest Recap (and, grudgingly on my part, my impending 50th birthday). We’ll have copies of the book available and the author will be happy to sign or leave them pristine even. Come on down, get your Mets on and help us get closer to Opening Day while I inevitably get older. Some more details here.