Most indelible image ever.
Vic Black’s my kind of Met. I haven’t felt this kind of simpatico with a September callup reliever since Julio Machado arrived 24 years ago and brushed back Tom Pagnozzi, his very first batter. True, things didn’t work out so well for Machado in the long term, but he knew how [...]
Final Score: Braves 13 Mets 5.
Time of Game: 3 minutes and 41 hours. Experientially, that’s not a typo.
Attendance: Well, I sat my ass on the couch and watched the whole thing, though my mind wandered off into other Met Septembers whenever it was given the proper reminiscent cue.
Monday’s Belabored Day matinee was played on the [...]
1. When the Mets seem to have the game won but the Nats keep hanging around in the rearview mirror, you’re not being paranoid. They really are closer than they appear.
2. Particularly if it’s happening at Nationals Park.
3. I guess it’s nice that David Wright and Ryan Zimmerman are buds and all, but I hate [...]
1. Daisuke Matsuzaka receives the ball back from Travis d’Arnaud.
2. Daisuke Matsuzaka is thinking.
3. Daisuke Matsuzaka is still thinking.
4. Like most Mets fans, I’m thinking, “When is Daisuke Matsuzaka going to throw the ball?”
5. Daisuke Matsuzaka sure takes his time.
6. Daisuke Matsuzaka’s reputation has preceded him to Citi Field. SNY was prepared Wednesday night with [...]